- ArcGIS for Storytelling- ESRI tool to build linear map-based narratives
- CartoDB- online tool for visualizing data on a map.
- GeoCommons- A public community and set of tools to access, visualize and analyze data with compelling map visualizations.
- GeoNames- free DB with all countries and 8.000.000 placenames
- gmaps.js — Google Maps API with less pain and more fun- a light-weight Google Maps API
- Kartograph.org- Kartograph is a simple and lightweight framework for building interactive map applications without Google Maps or any other mapping service. It was created with the needs of designers and data journalists in mind.
- Modest Maps | Home- Modest Maps is a small, extensible, and free library for designers and developers who want to use interactive maps in their own projects. It provides a core set of features in a tight, clean package with plenty of hooks for additional functionality.
- Natural Earth- public domain map dataset available at 1:10m, 1:50m, and 1:110 million scales.
- OpenLayers: Home- OpenLayers makes it easy to put a dynamic map in any web page. It can display map tiles and markers loaded from any source. OpenLayers has been developed to further the use of geographic information of all kinds. OpenLayers is completely free, Open Source
- Welcome! - WorldMap- low barrier open source platform to explore, visualize, edit, collaborate with, and publish geospatial information.
- | Ushahidi- online platform to collect and display information geospatially
Geospatial Visualization Examples
Social Explorer- Explore 220 years of demographic data with over 20,000 socio-economic indicators between 1790 and the present. Includes all decennial censuses, American Community Surveys, and two religion surveys.
Google Fusion Table Examples
- Social Explorer- Explore 220 years of demographic data with over 20,000 socio-economic indicators between 1790 and the present. Includes all decennial censuses, American Community Surveys, and two religion surveys.