- Thomas, William. “The Promise of the Digital Humanities and the Contested Nature of Digital Scholarship” in A New Companion to the Digital Humanities (2016). Available as MSU Library ebook.
- Theimer, Kate. “Archives in Context and as Context.” Journal of Digital Humanities, Vol 1 No 2, Spring 2012.
- Santa Barbara Statement on Collections as Data.
- Posner, Miriam. “What’s Next: The Radical, Unrealized Potential of Digital Humanities.” Debates in the Digital Humanities (2016).
- Fenlon, Katrina. “Thematic Research Collections: Libraries and the Evolution of Alternative Digital Publishing in the Humanities.” Library Trends, Volume 65, Number 4, Spring 2017, pp. 523-539.
- Jules, Burgis. “Confronting Our Failure of Care Around the Legacies of Marginalized People in the Archives.”
- “Digital History and Argument.”